Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Taneycomo Night Fishing 6/4 and 6/5/2005

Where: Tanneycomo Taneycomo is a tailwater fishery near the town of Branson, MO. Presently they are doing work in downtown historic Branson. Specifically building a landing in order for Bass Pro to build another store. Anyways because of this the dam has been running very little water to keep from washing away their progress down stream. We are entering the middle of summer so it is getting very hot. Anyways fishing during the day becomes a challenge and not so comfortable. Picture 003 FiveWeight called me early in the week about doing a fishing trip somewhere. I thought it would be a great time to try a night only fishing trip on Taneycomo. We met up in the Table Rock Lake State Park around 10:30pm Friday night and quickly set up a couple of tents. After that we slammed some beers and were off to hit up the river. We fished from 11:30pm Friday night to 9:00am Saturday morning. Picture 013 With in the first couple of casts I had a fish on, not long after FiveWeight had a nice 16 incher that he was calling me over to take a picture of. We continued catching fish every couple of casts for the entire night. Around 5:00am I started getting creative and put a hopper on with some aqua glo so I could see it better. First cast and I had a fish on. A couple more casts and I missed two and landed one more. I then yelled to FiveWeight, who was some distance off that I caught them on hoppers. A bit later he yelled back sneaky pete. He must have thought I said popper instead of hopper. Anyways the fishing was ridiculously easy for about an hour. Then the sun started to rise and the fish became more selective. The next night went about the same as the first. We fished from 9:00pm Saturday to 1:30am Sunday, when bad weather drove us off the stream. We landed about 70 fish between the two of us. It ended up being a great trip and one that will be hard to beat.

No comments: